Thursday, June 21, 2012

His Ways

The HIV infection rate here is roughly 40-50% so I have always assumed that approximately half of the children here at Tabitha are HIV+, but I have never asked nor have I ever cared.  It does not make any difference in the way I love or treat them!  As long as they are happy and healthy at the moment, their HIV status does not concern me.  Every evening one of the care takers carries in a tray of medicines that has each infected child’s name on it sectioned off for their meds.  Some children are on their first round of meds, and I believe two are on their second round because their bodies did not react to the first.   I have never looked at the names on that tray until tonight.  I only saw about three names before I had to look away.  I absolutely cannot stand the fact of knowing that even one of these children that I already love so much will suffer one day from this horrible disease.

One thing that God has been constantly reminding me of is that He has a specific plan and a specific path for each of His children.  We will never know why He chooses or allows things to happen to His children that He loves so much.  All we can do is trust Him and know:  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  All we can do is rest in knowing that even though some of us may suffer while we are here on this fallen earth, we have a rich inheritance waiting in Heaven with our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment